Google+ Followers

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

INTERVIEW / Burned by Passion By Dez Burke

Burned by Passion
By  Dez Burke


Genre: African American Romance/Interracial Romance
Publisher: Pink Lotus Publishing, Inc.
Release Date: Aug 8 2013

Synopsis:
Even good girls make mistakes.
Kira was shocked to meet her boss’s handsome, long-absent son and find him even more lethal in the flesh. He’d always been just a face in a photo - and nothing had prepared her for the way they clashed and burned when they finally met.
Blake Carter returned to America for a reunion with a father he hadn’t seen since he was ten. But Blake had never bargained for falling for his father’s sexy secretary, the beautiful and impressionable Kira Taylor…
Blake caught one glimpse of the gorgeous beauty from across the crowded room and felt the primal taste of desire like he’d never known. The sparks were more antagonism than attraction on her part as they collided over differences about the way he treated his father. But Blake had very strong persuasive skills when it came to bringing the vulnerable Kira to bend to his carnal passions…

Book Links



Interview with Dez Burke



Do you have a specific writing style?
I start every book with an outline which I usually throw out the window fairly quickly. I write best in scenes.

Is anything in your book based on real life experiences or purely all imagination?
 I wish! Since most of my books are filled with steamy, hot sex scenes they unfortunately are NOT based on my real life experiences. I’m still hoping though!

What are your current projects?
I have a busy writing season coming up. There are two books planned for release before the end of the year as well as a Christmas themed story. I’m also talking with four other bestselling authors about doing another collection together.

Do you ever experience writer’s block? If yes, how do you get past it?
I definitely experience writer’s block on a regular basis. When it happens I usually switch stories to work on or spend a couple of days looking at stock photo sights for my cover photos. I always want to pick the perfect man for my covers. Usually that recharges my creativity and I can continue. I’m not one of those writers who forces themselves to sit at a computer writing meaningless words until the creativity flows again.

Who designed the cover?
 Coverotic! They have designed all of my covers and I absolutely love them. I pick the photos and tell them the general tone I want for the cover.  They almost always nail exactly what I’m looking for.

Do you have any advice for other writers?
Learn the best use of your time. Hire an editor and a cover artist. Don’t spend time trying to learn how to do your own covers and hiring an editor is crucial.

Do you have a day job as well?
No. I’ve been a freelance travel writer for 15 years so this was a natural progression into fiction writing.

If you had to go back and do it all over, is there any aspect of your novel or getting it published that you would change?
The only thing I would have done is not published in August, which is typically one of the slowest months of the year for book sales. The book still hit #1 in three major categories on Amazon but I think it would have been smarter to wait until September.

What is your Astrological Sign, do you feel it fits you?
I’m a Virgo and it definitely does not fit me. I’m much more relaxed and unorganized than most Virgos. As a child I had more of the Virgo traits but over the years I’ve forced myself to chill out and not be so picky about things.






It’s Your Life…What actress would you have play you in a movie about your life? Why?
Queen Latifah! I think our personalities are similar and she’s gorgeous.

Coffee, Tea or Soda?
 I’m a two cup a day coffee drinker. I absolutely must have my coffee in the morning. Since I’m from Atlanta, only Coke is served at my house after noon. J

What is your favorite Cartoon Character?
 Marge Simpson. My daughter and I have watched probably every single episode of the Simpsons over the years.

If you could be any Paranormal creature, what would you be?
An animal shifter…a werepanther if I could choose.











Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers and fans?
 I truly enjoy connecting with my readers on Facebook and am on there every day. We swap recipes, talk about our day and connect like the real people we are. I have a fan page under “Dez Burke” but they can friend me, the real person, under “Author Dez Burke” on Facebook.


Author Information



Dez Burke grew up in rural Alabama and spent most summers reading worn copies of her Grandmother's Harlequin Romances. Even as a young girl, she noticed the absence of African American characters. So today, she writes hot, steamy romance books featuring black women and gorgeous men of all races.




Author Links


Twitter