Google+ Followers

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

~Helping Hand for Hallowreads~


Ok, so I have never done this before...I have always been on the other end of this kind of thing, but a friend of mine suggested I try this. 

As some of you know I was introduced to the "Book World" of Facebook October of last year. I still can't remember the how or who introduced it to me, but it all started with R&M Fab Book Review's Spooktacular month long event. I LOVED it and meeting all the Amazing people! I have made so many wonderful friends over this last year and I am so grateful for you all. In November of 2012 I started this blog with my friend Lauren and it has been going up hill since. Helping Authors, Bloggers, and Book Friends has brought something into my life I didn't know I was missing. I have always been one to help anyone if it was possible, and this was a great way for me to do just that. 
I have never been to a book convention of any kind, free or other wise and Hallowreads is something I would really like to go to with some Spectacular Authors I would love to meet in person. Now my mother lives not to far from where this convention will be so I have a place to stay, I have someone that can watch the kids while I am gone, and a friend will also have to go with me because I can not do a 7-8 hr drive on my own. (Last time I tried that, it almost ended badly.) 
We live paycheck to paycheck and if I want to do anything that does not involve paying bills I have to come up with that money my self. That can be hard as a mother of four. The tickets are $50-$75 per person depending on the package and we have figured at least $200 for gas to get there and back. 
So now I am asking for your help, and hoping that some of you would be able to help me even if it is just some change you find in the couch to help me come up with $300-$350. I have to try to get the tickets as soon as possible as there is a limited amount being sold for each package. 

If there is any way you can help I would be greatly appreciated just let me know if there is anything I can do to repay you. 

For more info on Hallowreads in Historic Ellicott City, MD click here

~~Cheree