Google+ Followers

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

AUTHOR INTERVIEW / Shades of the Stars By David James


Shades of the Stars
By David James



Description

Shades of the Stars: A Legend of the Dreamer anthology. Shades of the Stars includes the novellas The Witch's Curse, The Warrior's Code, and an exclusive story called The Enchanter's Fire. Exclusive playlists. Essays on the world of the Order. Interviews. Deleted scenes from Light of the Moon. And an exclusive look at the sequel, Shadow of the Sun.



~Interview with David~


Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
            Sure! I’m a guy who is addicted to reading and coffee. I watch way too many bad movies and eat too many gummy worms. Other than that, I’m an open book!

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
            I know a lot of writers listen to music while they write. I rarely do. Instead I listen to movies playing in the background. I don’t really watch them, just listen.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?
            I’m not really sure. I think one of the perks of being an author is that you have thousands of wonderful books to learn from. I learn every single day when I read.

What book are you reading now?
            I’m reading The Edge ofNever by JA Redmerski. Normally, I read mostly young adult, but I’m really enjoying this story and these characters.

Who designed the cover for this book?
            Keary Taylor. She’s designed all my covers for me. Aside from being an incredibly talented author, Keary Taylor is also a really amazing graphic designer. I love how they’ve turned out.

Do you have another book in the works?
            Of course! I have many, just none I can talk about right now. ;)




Do you have any advice for other writers?
            Break rules. I say this all the time, but as a writer there are very few strict rules that we must follow. Sure, people do follow the rules, but they don’t have to. Great books are written because the author has something to say and tell, and usually those great books are new ideas. So, step outside the box.

What is your most embarrassing childhood moment?
            Oh my. I’m not sure I remember everything exactly. I would have to say staying up past my bedtime to read. I would hide flashlights in my bed and get caught. My mom eventually had to ban books from my room past a certain hour!



When you have free time what do you do?
            Watch movies, hang out with friends, read. Nap.

What song has been the most inspirational in your writing? Why?
            I’m not sure I have a favorite song, but I really love Imagine Dragons at the moment.  Their music is so affected and so lyrical at the same time. I love it.
       



Coffee, Tea or Soda? Flavor?
            Coffee!

Tent or Hotel?
            Hotel! Or a tent might be cool. BOTH!

Favorite Scary Movie? Why?
            Oh, man. Probably Black Christmas. I don’t know why but it really freaked me out!



If you could be any Paranormal creature, what would you be? 

            Something that could fly!

 That could be just about anything...Fairy, Dragon, maybe a Vampire, Shifter...The list could go on, lol





Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers and fans?

            Thank you for reading. I know what it’s like to love books, and your support means the world to me. Without readers, books would just be pieces of paper.



Author BIO

David James writes books about stars and kisses and curses. He is the author of the YA novel, LIGHT OF THE MOON, the first book in the Legend of the Dreamer duet, as well as the companion novellas, THE WITCH'S CURSE and THE WARRIOR’S CODE. A Legend of the Dreamer anthology, SHADES OF THE STARS, will be released in July 2013, and will include the exclusive novella, THE ENCHANTER'S FIRE. The final book in the duet, SHADOW OF THE SUN, will be released in late 2013. Living in Michigan, he is addicted to coffee, gummy things, and sarcastic comments. He enjoys bad movies, goofy moments, and shivery nights. Be sure to visit David’s blog and facebook to learn more about his various addictions and novels.

Stalk David