Google+ Followers

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

GUEST POST / Next You: Destined for Something By Angus H. Day


Next You:
Destined for Something
By Angus H. Day



Release Date:  April 23, 2013
Genre:  Sci-Fi Fantasy
Publisher:  GMTA Publishing, LLC
Presented by:  As You Wish Tours


BRIEF SYNOPSIS

In the last year of mandatory school each soon to be graduate takes a multitude of tests to
efficiently funnel them into the right career. Personality profiles showing you to be low IQ, bigoted and prone to senseless violence really increase your chances of being denied. Scores mean enough to tempt test takers to cheat using answer sets bought from sketchy characters. You don't always get what you pay for as Felix Dernoft discovers in Destined for...Something, a Next You novel.

Interview with Ricardo Petrovich

Hello everyone, I'm Harold B. Sacks your Indianapolis Dome roving reporter and today I'm bringing you an interview with Ricardo Petrovich.

HB Sacks:  May I call you Ricardo?

RP:  Let's stick with Senor Petrovich please and I will call you Mr. Sacks.

HB Sacks:  Why so formal?

RP:  We do not know each other that well sir and I would be more comfortable addressing your questions if I sensed some form of respect. 

HB Sacks:  All right Senor Petrovich.  Can you briefly describe for our viewing audience what your business does?

RP:  I think so.  We are a local business, Expediters Express.  We expedite things for businesses and people.

HB Sacks:  Well that seems to have cleared things up.  Can you maybe give us an example of how a typical job will unfold from customer contact until completion.

RP:  Certainly.  The customer can be a person such as a spouse, a business like Penelope's physical alterations clinic or even the government of the dome.  The jobs almost always involve collections of one kind or another and the outcome is always customer satisfaction.  Are you alright Mr. Sacks?  Should we continue?

HB Sacks:  Yes, I believe I'm fine.  Please continue.

RP:  Okay then.  Let's say Penelope fixes up a clients facial features to make that client more beautiful than normal.  The client then uses that attribute to rise to fame as a celebrity and decides they don't have to pay fifty percent of their debt on the alterations.  Penelope's collection department contacts us as a licensed contractor.  We meet with the client and make...arrangements.  You seem to be rather distressed Mr. Sacks, would now be a good time to break for some water?

HB Sacks:  I believe you are correct Senor Petrovich.  That would be a good idea.  Camera sensor platform to standby.

"I've got the message Ricardo.  What are the arrangements?"
"It's still Senor Petrovich, let's not go backwards.  One:  This interview will end with an endorsement of Expediters Express with twice a week promo commercials for a month."
Harold's face was now sickly green.  "I'll do what I can, I don't have complete control of that."
"You have enough control to make that happen, I checked.  Two:  You will repay Penelope what you owe with a three percent penalty on top and give her clinic net time for one year."
"I can't possibly meet those terms.  What happens now?  You can't harm me, I'm a public figure."
"Public figures come and go.  The Audi hover sport in your four thousand tribunal credit a year parking slot will cover the bill.  Now let me educate you on the 'or else'.  Penelope's has a back room.  You've a history of going to the clinic.  If perhaps you would check in for a simple procedure and a unknown heart defect takes control then we will have one less public figure.  Understand Mr. Sacks?"
Harold was now soaked and looked like someone ready to shove his head in a pail.  He made to turn and Felix Dernoft blocked his motion.  This was meant to keep Harold from running but the result was Felix wearing half digested breakfast foods.  "I wasn't going anywhere but to the restroom.  I'm terribly sorry, please I'll complete the arrangements today."
"Yes you will.  Maybe clean yourself up and we can conclude the interview?"
"Yes Senor Petrovich."
HB Sacks:  We are back with Senor Petrovich.  Do you have any closing remarks for the public sir?

RP:  Yes.  We await the opportunity to expedite your needs and wants at Expediters Express.

HB Sacks:  And that's a wrap.



AUTHOR BIO

 I live in Fort Collins Colorado with my wife and son. My daughter has embarked on her career as a graphics designer. I've been an Infantryman, Swine Farmer, smattering of other trades and jobs and now I'm a manufacturing pharmaceutical chemist. What aspect of my life that is devoted to fitness favors swimming in open water which means I spend most of the year working out in a pool then hit the lakes when it warms up a bit. My wife Cheryl safety kayaks for me when we manage to make it work. One day when I was waiting on everybody else in the house to get off of the computer when it hit me. Start doing what I had wanted to do for the last thirty years, write science fiction stories. I've read extensively, experienced way more than a person is entitled to and I am a scientist. That being said, sometimes I just pull them out of my ass. The ability to picture a scene in my head helps, once I stop laughing uncontrollably for no reason.



AUTHOR LINKS


BOOK LINKS