Google+ Followers

Thursday, March 14, 2013

OUTPOST 13 by Lucian Barnes/ NEW RELEASE


OUTPOST
 13
By Lucian Barnes


Synopsis

As Edward and his makeshift group of adventurers descend the stairs leading underground from the Outpost, they find a strange object as well as Katie's friend, Julie. They watch in horror as Melissa disappears through this new portal, and decide to follow her. When they get to the other side, they find themselves in a post-apocalyptic world that resembles Earth. Will Edward be able to lead the group back to Desolace to continue their battle with the Black Knight? Or will they be stuck in this new Hell, fighting just to stay alive?


Review by


I received this book for an honest review.
Outpost 13 is the third book in the Desolace series, and the first book I picked up in the series. I would not recommend doing that though, as you will miss a lot of stuff. I will be going back and reading books 1&2. Now from what I have gathered each book takes place in a different realm or realms. In Outpost 13 they enter into a realm that looks to be earth but things have changed from the last time Katie was in the earth realm. What the group a soon discover is almost too much to believe and a new danger presents its self. I don’t want to give anything away, though I would love to tell you. I do know a lot of people that would be a big fan of this book due to the topic.
I felt the plot and climax were set just right. It kept me reading to find out what happens next. With action, suspense, gore and some surprises sprinkled about. As much as I hate being left on edge at the end of a book, I think the ending was done perfectly. It finished, but still left you wanting to read the next book to find out what is going to happen next.
Now, the only problem I had with the way the story is written is the different POVs and how they often switch without notice. It takes you a minute to realize who is telling the story from one point to the next. However it didn’t hinder my understanding of what was going on throughout the story either.
That aside I cannot wait to start reading this series from the beginning and get the whole story while I wait for book 4 to come out!




Author Bio


Lucian began his writing career late in 2010, but has spent most of his life writing stories. He is a fantasy/horror novelist that enjoys weaving aspects of the paranormal into each story. Lucian's first published works were released in 2012. His third series book, Outpost 13, was just released on March 13, 2013. His next project will be a horror novel titled Innocence Lost. Lucian lives in Pueblo, Colorado.



Links

Twitter   

~~~All e-books are only .99~~~