Google+ Followers

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Love and Blood By Jessica Gibson/ Review & Interview Tour Stop


Love and 
     Blood
By Jessica Gibson


Genre: Paranormal
Tour Host: Lady Amber's Tours



Blurb

Bronwyn Fitzgibbons was young and reckless. It was easy for Ronan to steal her human life and make her a vampire. She ran, but she never forgot him--or how he made her feel.

Rider saved Bronwyn from the new life she loathed and the new self she detested. His love restored her sanity.

Now Ronan is back to claim her. She struggles like hell against him, but she cannot deny the overwhelming power of her maker. Will Bronwyn surrender to the one who could possess her utterly? Or can she find the strength to choose the one who loves her as she is?


Review by



  I absolutely loved, loved this book. Pulled me in from the very first words. I honestly couldn't read it fast enough but not wanting it to end all at the same time. Just knowing the next installment doesn't come out until March is about killing me. There was action, drama, love, suspense...everything that great books need. It also has vampires, werewolves, and fae...oh my! A paranormal paradise!!!

      Jessica did a fantastic job with plot and character building. There is an understandable pull and angst with Bronwyn when it comes to Ronan. He is her sire so the connection is there naturally. Rider is fantastic because he is loving, patient, and understanding. Who doesn't want a man like that? All the characters are relatable to most people in some way or another. I really can't express how great of a job Jessica did with this book. A definite recommend to everyone I know. Read and Enjoy!!!!!


Excerpts

A few minutes later, she found a very irritated Seraph tapping her foot on the porch.
“What took you so long to answer the dang door?”
Bronwyn laughed, “You came to a vampire’s house in the daytime.” She stood aside and let Seraph come in. “To what do I owe the pleasure?” Bronwyn asked dryly.
“I take it you haven’t seen the news then?”
“No, you woke me up.” Seraph snapped her fingers and an IPad appeared in her hands.
There was a picture of what looked like some sort of mass murder. Bronwyn groaned. “He’s gone crazy. You need to end things with him once and for all, Wyn”
“I have; two days ago. After we talked, I did a lot of thinking and I ended it with him. He showed up at Brock’s house last night and attacked someone.” She raked her fingers through her tangled hair. “I don’t know what to do about this. He’s my sire, I’m not his.”
Rider emerged a moment later wearing only a pair of black sweats. Seraph smiled broadly when she saw him. “It does my heart good to see you here, Rider.”
He kissed her cheek. “Mine, too. What are we talking about?” Bronwyn handed him the IPad; he frowned as he read it.
“I guess we know what he was up to after the party, last night.” Bronwyn nodded.
“Well?” Seraph demanded, her hands on her hips.
“Well, what? What exactly do you want us to do about it?” Rider questioned.
“Something, I don’t know. Don't you care?”
Bronwyn sighed, “Of course we do; but I told you, there’s not a lot we can do. Ronan is old, we can’t overpower him.”
“Don’t you all have some sort of ‘higher power’ to appeal to?” Seraph asked incredulously.
Rider laughed, “No, we don’t. This isn’t a child’s book; this is real life.”
“If you won’t do anything, my kind may step in,” Seraph blurted.
Bronwyn stared at her friend. “Seraphina, I would watch your tone. I love you; but vampires do not take kindly to the fae meddling in our affairs. Things have not gotten that far out of hand, yet, with Ronan. He will tire long before they do.”
Seraph glared at both of them. “Fine, do what you want. I may not be here to clean up the mess, though.” She snapped her fingers and was gone in a spray of sparkles.
Rider laughed, “Well, I guess she’s pissed.”


Q&A with Jessica


When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

It was only in the last 2 years that I really considered it. It was something I always said maybe one day I would do.

How long does it take you to write a book?

Usually about 3-6 months. Sometimes it can be quicker, but it all depends on how long the book is, and if I’m working on anything else.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?

Hmmm, I don’t think I have one. I’m a pretty laid back writer. I can write anywhere at any time if I need to.

Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?

My imagination, and Google. Thank goodness for Google.

What do you like to do when you're not writing?

I love to read. But, the writing keeps me pretty busy so I don’t have as much time to do it.

What was one of the most surprising things you have learned in creating your books?

I guess, that I’m not terrible at it. I fully expected to just be awful, but surprisingly, people kind of like my work lol.

Why did you choose to create paranormal books?
                                                                    
 It’s a genre I love to read, so it just seemed like the natural choice to me. Although I do plan on branching out.

 As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?

A teacher. Up until I was like 17 I wanted to be a teacher.

What made you choose to have several characters involved in love triangles?

Because its compelling lol.

I personally loved Seraphina! Do you plan on her having a bigger role as the story continues?

You know that’s funny that you say that. I’ve had a lot of people tell me they loved her. I probably will give her a bigger part to play in the rest of the series.

Bronwyn definitely fights her inner demons with what she is and how she wants to be. Why did u choose this route versus her embracing her nature?

 I wanted her to hang onto her humanity, to not fully give in to the demon within her. And, I loved the idea of her killing only the truly evil.

Is there a larger back story with Grant and Tucker and also Carly and Liana?

Tucker and Carly will be getting their own spin off after I finish book 2. I also plan on having a bit of a prequel for Tucker’s time away from the pack.


Thanks so much for having me on your blog today!!!


Author Bio

Jessica Gibson is a recovering bookaholic, she's down from four books a week to a more reasonable one. It was that love of words and creativity that made her dream about writing her first book. That dream was hidden for years, always put on the back burner, filed away in the "someday" section, until her husband Matt gave her the kick in the pants she needed to actually get off her butt and write.
Jessica and Matt live in Southern California and have a serious addiction to reality tv shows like Pawn Stars and American Restoration. They have one son and hope to add to the family in the near future.
Aside from writing, she runs an online event planning business called the Release Day Diva. In addition to novels, Jessica writes and maintains the blog Book on the Bright Side. Keep up with Jessica and her latest releases and events on her blog.


Links