Google+ Followers

Monday, March 18, 2013

Eternal Lovers Tour Stop



Eternal Lovers

(Sekhmet’s Series Book 1)

By V.S. Nelson





Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Self Published
Release Date: January 5, 2013
Formats: Paperback/Large Print Paperback/E~Books


Synopsis


Ancient Legends - New Worlds
Humans weren't the only ones to migrate to America...

When two hidden worlds collide near modern day Lake Michigan, Jennifer, a young Native American, is confronted with the reality not everything is as it seems and things do go bump in the night. The questions she has long since asked are answered in this epic tale of self discovery when she meets Gabriel; the director of Guardians Incorporated.
Born in New Tuat, Netchkhet, now known as Gabriel, came to Earth some five thousand years ago to protect the human race, Disillusioned because of an unfulfilled prophecy, he has become cold and distant - even from those of his kind. Secretly, he waits for his enemy to take his head so he may leave this world for good.
Can a tiny Selkie melt his hardened heart and restore his faith in a power far greater than himself? When history repeats itself, can he save her from death's embrace or will they be robbed of a future again?



Review by




***While I enjoyed this book, however I did find it very busy. There is a lot going on during the entire story. It was not difficult to follow along with so it didn't really take away from the reading experience. I loved the background and past history that brought the characters to where they all were.
I had a hard time deciding who my favorite character was though. I love the innocence and less than self assured nature of Jennifer. I respect her loyalty to a marriage that her heart isn’t really involved in. I also have a soft spot for Raphael and the way he forms an immediate bond with Jennifer. Its also extremely chivalrous how he accepts Jennifer’s choice and begins to love her like she was his sister. He is an admirable friend to Gabriel and steps aside. Gabriel is also completely swoon worthy with his tough, bad boy exterior. He deserves true love after all he has been through with his past. As a reader, you can't help but route for Gabriel to succeed in his attempt to win over Jennifer. The tortured soul deserves to find happiness. I will definitely continue with book 2.
**This book is for a mature audience only..18+...contains some strong language and explicit sex scenes.**





EXCERPT


Gabriel woke late in the afternoon, long before the sun set. He’d had a restless night and what little sleep he received was intermittently interrupted by dreams of his life in ancient Egypt, followed by those piercing emerald green eyes he encountered the night before. As he brought himself to consciousness, he could taste her on his lips, even though he never kissed her. He could still smell her sweet essence, as if she was lying next to him. It was painfully evident he was sporting another rock hard erection.   
Crap, what the hell is wrong with me? He had gone for years without the comforts of a female. Most of the time when he’d been with a woman it was merely out of necessity, not out of desire. He couldn’t remember one who drove him to act so… so… so… how was he acting? Like a love sick teenage human boy who never had a piece of ass, that’s what he was acting like.
For fuck sake, Gabriel, get a grip!




Q&A with V.S. Nelson




When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

Like most authors with extraordinary imaginations, I use to think I wanted to write. My last two years of high school consisted of nothing but courses in creative writing, theater and library. Sadly, destiny placed me in another role. It wasn’t until I retired; I started listening to one of the pesky voices in my head…Gabriel’s to be exact. He bugged the dickens out of me until I took to the keyboard, thinking if I wrote out his story he would go away and leave me alone.  It didn’t work, he’s still there showing me story after story.


How long does it take you to write a book?

Because of Gabe’s instance, the rough draft of Eternal Lovers didn’t take that time to write out – it was the rewrites and edits that took three years.



What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?

I mere write what I am shown. I know that may sounds strange to a non-author/writer. Gabe was so insistent he actually started entering my dreams. Night after night I would enter his world while I slept then write out adventures the following day. He is a lot kinder these days, allowing me at least two nights a week of undisturbed rest.

Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?

I wish I could claim credit for my ideas… See questions 1,2 & 3.



What do you like to do when you're not writing?

Before I started down the long path with the Guardians, I use to enjoy a variety of hobbies. I crochet, bead and sew. In fact I loved creating historical garments so much I actually opened a small business – making theatrical and historical clothing for re-enactors. I have since placed my sewing and embroidery machines in storage in order to make more room in my small house for my writing.


What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?

I’ve learned several things on the road to publication. (1) The writing business has changed dramatically since the days of the typewriter and the days when I wrote non-fiction and self-help books. (While teaching school I wrote non-fiction and text books for years. (2) How to juggle both a writing career and a personal life. And perhaps the most surprising of them all (3) is never ever take your characters for granted… if you allow them the freedom to express their self they may surprise even the author.


Why did choose to create paranormal books?

I will admit Eternal Lovers didn’t start out as a paranormal series.  Yes, I knew Gabe and the others came from another world but I was under the impression the series was going to end up as historical fiction… that was until Gabe smiled up at me and I saw the glistening fang in his crooked smile. I won’t repeat my exact words I had for him at the time. I asked him why didn’t he tell me this sooner and his reply was nothing short of, “because you weren’t ready, nor would you have given me the attention I wanted.” Sad but true.

As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?

As I previously mentioned I took several literary courses in high school but never dreamed I would be an author of a paranormal series. I wanted to write for the big screen or at least be a part in the movie business. My love for history drove me to seek out a higher degree. My love for making a living drove me to use that degree to teach.


I loved Raphael and his immediate bond with Jennifer. Do you have something planned for him and maybe a supernatural twist involving Nowaki (Jen's wolf)?

Oh yeah, I am happy to say that book two, Eternal Nights is Raphael’s book and yes there is a supernatural twist involving Nowaki but I don’t want to spoil the events just yet so I’ll leave it at that.


Why did you go the alien route when it came to the creation of the Ancients or Guardians and not the typical vampire role that most write about?

The Guardians are not your typical vampire for sure… so much so they dislike the word.  Previously, when Gabe started revealing his story to me he showed me his life in ancient Egypt – it wasn’t until his little theatrics with the fang that much more was revealed to me and I discovered where they came from.


Can we expect some Selkie/Guardian immortal children in the future of Gabriel and Jennifer? If so, what abilities would they possess?

Without getting too far into the series I promise you that the Guardians will have their hands full of children – what abilities they possess is yet to be uncovered.


Who was your favorite character to develop and what gave you the inspiration for him or her?

I love all the characters in the series and truly believe each individual is as unique as the first… I’ve loved watching Jennifer grow into her own as I felt in the beginning she was some what of a weak heroine. But after accepting who she truly is she has turned into one unique and gifted heroine. By book three she thinks nothing of using her Selkie skills to take on not only Gabriel but the leader of Set’s Legions. I also love Alice, Jennifer’s best friend and her crazy attitude. Thank the Gods, for Marie and her gentle motherly way of uniting the women of the house. Book two introduces several more women to the house; Ronan hooks up with Jasmine, the belly dancer, who finally agrees move in with him, Allison a blood born immortal is rescued from Set’s Legions and Tshering Snow, a white haired beauty from the Himalayas who has more secrets than Jennifer had. Tshering’s story is central to book three, Eternal Blades when the women take matters into their own hands and decide to join the Guardian forces.




Author Bio

V.S. Nelson has always enjoyed reading stories with strong relationships and happy endings so it’s not surprising she found herself writing across the romance genre. Even her commercial fiction, Sins of a Man, the memoirs of a Mafia Hit man, is layered with romantic elements.
Landing in Arizona, after an exciting teaching career, which took her to the Middle East for several years, she lives in Arizona where she spend most of my time making love to her computer while writing, editing or researching, seven to ten hours a day. The days she’s not writing, you will find her with my critique partners at Starbucks, attending or presenting a workshop or at a RWA meeting.
Being a Native American woman and a Scorpio, she’s always had a fondness for history, mythology, the occult, and the unexplained events which have occurred on this world we call home. It was no wonder she found herself writing a paranormal series.
She enjoys hearing from readers, fans and people with similar interests. They are more than welcome to contact her through her website http://www.authorvsnelson.com
                                                


Author Links





Purchase Links