Google+ Followers

Saturday, February 16, 2013

I'm in the mood for......Books ;)




St. Valentine's Day, Valentine's, Vday or whatever else you like to call it. I simply loathe it.... </3 ;P...

Book Nerd confession #5 I <3 Romance Novels not Valentine's Day :P </3 :P




Okay, so maybe I'm not this anti about Vday. I mean, I'm married and I love my Hubby to pieces. But... I honestly cannot stand the whole hubbub that is known as Valentines Day. I do however, <3 Romance in a big way. Infact most of my books are romance novels. I read it, I love it and I try to live it. It's a little hard with 3 small boys (kissing is considered disgusting).

So in lew of Vday (btw: reminds me of the Summer's Eve comercial, ewww) I have a list of some very Romantic, romance novels and some lovely loveable songs to accompany any of these books <3 <3 XOXOXO <3 <3

Flat Out Love by Jessica Park. I love this story, it's a nice clean romance novel and it's one of those "feel good" love stories <3 here is the book description

He was tall, at least six feet, with dirty blond hair that hung over his eyes. His T-shirt read Nietzsche Is My Homeboy.

So, that was Matt.  Who Julie Seagle likes. A lot.  But there is also Finn.  Who she flat out loves.

Complicated? Awkward?  Completely.

But really, how was this freshly-minted Boston transplant and newbie college freshman supposed to know that she would end up living with the family of an old friend of her mother's? This was all supposed to be temporary.  Julie wasn't supposed to be important to the Watkins family, or to fall in love with one of the brothers.  Especially the one she's never quite met. But what does that really matter?  Finn gets her, like no one ever has before. They have connection.But here's the thing about love, in all its twisty, bumpy permutations—it always throws you a few curves.  And no one ever escapes unscathed.

 

Flat Out Love on Amazon



Easy by Tammara Webber. I read this book in a day, the story sucked me in and kept me there until it was finished.

The New York Times Bestseller by Tammara Webber

Rescued by a stranger.
Haunted by a secret
Sometimes, love isn't easy...

He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her savior...

The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he'd worked so hard to overcome, and the future she'd put so much faith in, threatened to tear them apart.

Only together could they fight the pain and guilt, face the truth - and find the unexpected power of  love.

A groundbreaking novel in the New Adult genre, Easy faces one girl's struggle to regain the trust she's lost, find the inner strength to fight back against an attacker, and accept the peace she finds in the arms of a secretive boy.

Easy on Amazon


Beautiful Disaster by Jaime McGuire. *sighs* Travis Maddox. Need I say more ;)
The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand. Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants—and needs—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.

Beautiful Disaster on Amazon

The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines. I loved this book! Beau is... Oh my heck he is freakin hot <3
Just when you thought things couldn’t get any hotter…Beau and Ash’s sinful romance now includes super scandalizing, never-before-published scenes in this special, eBook-only companion to the steamy printed original. There was something wicked about Beau that drew me to him. What was wrong with me? Why did I want to sin so badly? Ashton is getting tired of being good, of impressing her parents and playing ideal girlfriend to Sawyer Vincent. Sawyer is perfect, a regular Prince Charming, but when he leaves town for the summer, it’s his cousin Beau who catches Ashton’s eye. Beau is the sexiest guy she’s ever seen, and even though he’s dangerous, Ashton is drawn to him. Beau loves his cousin like a brother, so the last thing he wants to do is make a move on Sawyer’s girl. Ashton is off-limits, absolutely. That’s why he does his best to keep his distance, even though he’s been in love with her forever. When Ashton wants to rekindle their childhood friendship in Sawyer’s absence, Beau knows he should say no. Ashton and Beau don’t want to hurt Sawyer. But the more they try to stay away from each other, the more intense their urges become. It’s getting way too hard to resist...

The Vincent Boys on Amazon



Rule by Jay Crownover. While there are still some editing issues, if you are a grammar junkie this book will bug you. But if you are able to look past the editors errors. You'll find that this an amazing love story  Rule and Shaw make a very fiery, passionate couple.
*Newly Edited*
This is the updated version of Rule...all cleaned up and ready to go

I loved Rule Archer since the first moment I ever laid eyes on him. He was everything I shouldn't want and the only person I went out of my way to not try and please. He only saw me as a brat, as an entitled, stuck up princess but worse than that all he saw when he looked at me was his deceased twin brother's girl. It broke my heart because as much as I had loved Remy Archer there was never anything romantic between us and no matter how hard I tried to convince myself that loving Rule was a terrible idea, my poor heart just wouldn't listen. We tolerated each other, barely. We forged an uneasy alliance until one night I had too much to drink and changed the way we were forever. Suddenly life long secrets were no longer hidden and the one thing I always wanted for myself seemed obtainable as long as I was willing to go through hell to hold onto it.

Shaw Landon was a class act and I had no idea what to do with her. She was tied to my family, tied to the person that was my other half so I tolerated her and her haughty attitude because I didn't have any other choice. What I didn't know was that a short skirt and too many cocktails on her birthday was going to change my outlook on her for the rest of my life. Some people thought I hid behind all my tattoos and piercings, that I tried to distance myself from my dead twin, Shaw saw through it all and wasn't scared of what was underneath.
We weren't supposed to be together, weren't supposed to be anything except uncomfortable acquaintances but that all changed in the blink of an eye. Now I had to figure out just how a girl like her and a guy like me were supposed to be in love without destroying each other. Add in her custom made ex and two disapproving sets of parents and the whole situation sounded to me like it was more trouble then it was worth.

Rule on Amazon

Love, love, love by Monsters and Men
And now for some lovely, loveable, hardly unlikeable, extremely liveable, listening music.

Poison and Wine by  The Civil Wars


Arms by Christina Perri


Bad by U2



Poem I'll Sing Out Loud by BriBry


Little Lou Ugly Jack Prophet John by Belle & Sebastian


Blues Eyes of a Millionaire by Belle and Sebastian



Ho Hey by The Lumineers


All I Want Is You by  U2



Under The MilkyWay by Sia



Happy Valentine's Day Everyone and Happy Reading and Listening <3 XOXOXOXOXO!!!