Google+ Followers

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Hell's Gate by Benjamin Daniels



Synopsis

The gates of Hell are open. Angels and Demons fight for our mortality and dominance of earth. The rapture diminishes the human population and very few remain to defend what God gave us. It is up to the Angels to fight the war, the humans to survive and the druids to protect the earth.

Cole wants nothing more than to be left alone until the war is over and see who wins. He doesnt care for rules of any kind and wants least of all to choose a side. Fate however, has different plans for him. His only friend is being held hostage by a Demon with a plan to win the war and return the earth to what it once was. It is up to him to rescue her with the help of a fallen Angel who comes to his aid to ensure his survival.

The Druids are the only ones who can save his friend, but they have an agenda of their own. The demon is demented but has the best intentions with what she believes. Cole finds himself lusting after the fallen Angel and must choose between her and saving his friend. The problem is that he doesnt know who he can trust.

Armageddon is here and Hell on earth has just begun.

Review

I am glad I was finally able to set time aside for Hells Gate, it kept me hooked all the way past the end!!! Ben did a excellent job keeping you pulled in at every page. Very descriptive, you can literally close your eyes and picture every scene, from each place and in to all the action. I was hooked on Cole from the very beginning with his witty personality. I wouldnt mind trading places with Vera for a day. :) Vera just kind of falls into Coles lap during a fight and any guy would be drooling over her, including Cole!
I absolutely enjoyed every page and it continues to keep me thinking about what I thought I knew about the Bible. Everyone gets something else out of each book in the Bible and I think Ben chose a great one to base his story off of. Who doesnt think about this at some point in their life? What will happen when Armageddon comes?
Thank you Ben for an eye opening addicting story! I will be impatiently waiting for book 2!!



My Interview with Ben



When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

A: I’ve wanted to write since I could hold a pencil. I’ve been trying forever to complete one.

**I am personally glad you finally finished one! Can’t wait till book 2!! ;)


How long does it take you to write a book?

A: Depends on the deadline :P. I wrote Sweet Dreams in a month and a half and I wrote Hell’s Gate in six months.

**Sweet Dreams is diffidently on my TBR list!!!

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?

A: I’m not a music person, you can bank at any given time if asked if I’m listening to music the answer will be no. However, I have to be listening to it to write.

**I asked Ben what music he does listen to when he writes.  “Nickelback as of late. It was Devil went down to Georgia when I wrote Hell's Gate and it was I kissed a girl for Sweet Dreams.”

Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?

A: Bible

What do you like to do when you're not writing?

A: You really want to know the answer to this? haha

**LOL, yeah
you may be right on that, I will retract that question!! J

What was one of the most surprising things you have learned in creating your books?

A: That people actually like my work.

**Of course, and I hope that you keep up the great work!

Why did you choose to create paranormal books?

A: You mean there is a choice? I've studied the bible for a long time and love anything Angel and Demon related. They are really interesting stories.

 As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?

A: A tattoo artist and yes that was my answer when I was four. I think I could have made it had I not been in an accident lol

**Yeah, being a tattoo artist could have been fun, but then you probably wouldn't have written these awesome books!  I also asked Ben if he had any tattoos:  Only one on the right shoulder for what Pegasus stands for - Purity, hope and immortality

What is your favorite quote from Hell’s Gate?

A: Scars will heal, tears will dry but a broken heart can last forever.

How much of your personality is in Cole?

A: Oh you can see a lot of me in Cole, but I all of my characters have a reflection of me in them. There isn't a character that doesn't get at least part of my personality.

**Haha, I knew it!!!

Why did you pick London as the location for Hell’s Gate?

A: I write what I know.  I grew up in West Jefferson. The towns are real. Feel free to Google map them and take a stroll down main street and see how close I got it in the book :)

When will be able to get our hands on book 2?

A: March 29th

**Too far away!!! :P

Fun questions:

Favorite thing to drink?

A: Going to assume you mean non-alcoholic lol. I normally drink coke.

Favorite snack?

A: Jalapeno Cheddar Cheese Dip with chips

**One of my favorites!!

Favorite color?

A: Purple

Dream car?

A: Dodge Viper

**Blue, T-top, with two white racing stripsThat is what my dream car looks like and it is a Dodge Viper too, has been since I could even think about driving!!! Used to carry a picture in my wallet when I was a teenlol

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

A: Ireland, it’s my ancestral home.

Favorite video game?

A: I don’t really have a favorite but I am a gamer. I played WoW for years.

**I am a Zelda type of person myself!


Ben loves to be stalked, so feel free to check out his links! 


Goodreads     
                                   Facebook        
                                   Amazon