Google+ Followers

Friday, January 11, 2013

New Cover for Forever Fae by L.P. Dover

Forever Fae
By L.P. Dover



***Warning: This book contains graphic language, sex, and violence. Mature readers only. Not intended for Young Adults.***

He leans down, lips parted, and then our lips connect……We didn’t know that this one kiss has FOREVER changed the Land of the Fae. According to the Prophecy proclaimed many years ago, Princess Calista of the Summer Court is destined to change the Land of the Fae from the evil determined to destroy it. Her powers are phenomenal, and she secretly trains for battle with her handsome warrior friend, Merrick, who unbeknownst to her protects her heart as well, in hopes of keeping it for himself. At least, until the seductive Prince Ryder attends the Guardian Ceremony and instantly sends a fire burning through her veins and a connection so deep they both discover a love above anything imaginable.
No one knows how Calista is destined to change the kingdoms, but there is one that does. He not only craves Calista’s power, but her body as well, and his goal is to steal her power, make her his Dark Queen, and take over the Land of the Fae.
Will the evil succeed in claiming Calista’s soul? Or will the two men that fight for her heart save her from despair, and help her fulfill her destiny to become what she was meant to be. 





New cover by Regina Wamba


My Review

With 4 stars  Forever Fae diffidently is a must read for adults. I very much enjoyed reading Forever Fae. I loved the humor between all the characters; everyone has a little something to bring to the table. As a Summer Princess, Calista is strong, powerful; take no shit kind of chick. Most women would not last a second in her shoes with everything that she went through; it hurt to watch her go through all that torment. Marrick is the love sick puppy that has been in love with Calista for many years and also her best friend, but fate has other plans for these two. Calista is one of The Four and is destined for great things. Prince Ryder of the Winter Court arrives at the Summer court for a ceremony in honor of Princess Calista and when they see each other nothing else exists. Hot & steamy scenes that will keep you wanting more (and I did want more), laugh out loud moments you will want to read again and again.
This story is written in different POV and it is well noted who is talking, which I like…some authors don’t do that and it is annoying. I like how L.P. Dover didn’t repeat the whole story over again when switching POV but fills in all the missing pieces. Being able to see how each character feels helps you get a better understanding of that character and I like being able to connect with them.
I can’t wait to see how the other princesses hold up against the evil intent on stealing their power. I don’t see any of them being as strong as Calista.  Come on book two!!!!




Be sure to check out her book on Amazon currently sitting at .99 for the e-book. Also watch this AWESOME Official Book Trailer by yours truly. I had so much fun putting this together for L.P. Dover and I am so glad she loves it as much as I do. Thank you L.P. for letting me do this for you!



                                        Interview

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?  I started out really young with writing.  It was mainly poetry growing up and of course writing in my journals and diaries.  I have always loved to write, but never actually considered being a full time writer until this year.

How long does it take you to write a book?  I wrote Forever Fae in just one month.  I ate, slept, and dreamt about Forever Fae.  I think I lost ten pounds during that time because I barely ate...lol.  I was so wrapped up in my world of the Fae that I couldn’t find the time to do anything else.  My second novel, Betrayals of Spring, only took me two months to complete.  I tried to pace myself with that one.  I plan to go slower with my next novels.  It wore me out…lol.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?  I have to have it completely quiet when I write.  I know so many authors that like to listen to music when they write, but I can’t concentrate with any type of noise.  I also love to write when it’s rainy and gloomy outside.  It feels good to cuddle with a blanket by the window and write while peering out into the rain.

Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?  I would have to say from everywhere really.    There are so many things that spark my interest.  Even though I don’t listen to music while I write I had a good author friend of mine send me a c.d. she made with various types of songs on it.  I absolutely love it and I love listening to it BEFORE I write.  There’s something about it that just gets my brain working. J

What do you like to do when you're not writing?  READ!!!!!  Oh and of course spend time with the family.

What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?  That it’s hard work!!!  I didn’t realize how much time and effort it took to write a book when I started.  It also opened my mind to so many different possibilities. 

Do you like to create books for adults? YES!!  I had contemplated doing a YA series, but I just don’t know if I’m ready to do that.  I love how far I can take books without the feelings of being restricted.  I’m sure one day I will venture down the road to writing YA books. 

 
As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?  I wanted to work at NASA.  I am fascinated with anything and everything about outer space and anything associated with it.  I absolutely love the stars.  If I could study the stars and planets for a living I would be a happy woman.  I’m happy now, but there’s just something mysterious about the unknown.

I couldn’t help but laugh out loud at most of the lines in Forever Fae. What was your favorite line in the book?  Out of all the characters, I think the funniest ones were Merrick and Xylia.  I would have to say Merrick is the funniest though.  His bantering back and forth with Ryder is always funny, but I love this scene with him and Calista.  It’s when they are about to start a round of training. 

Merrick and I both stretch to get our bodies ready.  I promised him an ass kicking, and that is exactly what he’s going to get. 
“Alright, Princess, it’s time for the dagger throw.” He sits back and watches me.  He watches me a little too intensely and it makes me nervous.  I stop stretching and bend down to grab two daggers.
While bending down, I silently send Merrick a warning.
“You better not be staring at my ass.  I have two daggers here and I am not afraid to use them.  I’m sure your body could make do with one less appendage.”
Merrick laughs.
To get to that appendage I would have to drop my pants.  Is that what you wish?  I would be more than happy to oblige.”
He grabs the waist of his shorts and pulls.  I point one of my daggers at him and yell for him to stop.
“No, I was kidding.  Don’t you dare drop those shorts. If you do, I will use this blade and I don’t think you’ll be laughing then.”

Forever Fae is not for YA but it isn’t Erotica either. Do you plan on stepping it up in the next book or keeping the content about the same?  I stepped it up just a bit.  Betrayals of Spring is still along the same heat factor as Forever Fae, but I heated it up a little more in this second novel.  You will see a different side of the dark sorcerer, and you will also see how things heat up between Meliantha and Kalen. 
Of the four Princesses, which one are you the most excited to write about? I can’t wait to see Ariella’s story to see how her punky troublesome personality comes to play when she faces the evil that is out to get her.  Hmmmm…hard question.  I really loved writing about Calista.  I loved her kick butt ways and how she was always strong, even in the face of danger.  I’m very curious to see how Ariella plays out in the end.  In Betrayals of Spring you will see her more.  I also introduce Sorcha in Betrayals of Spring because she will be the lead heroine in Summer Reigns.  Summer Reigns is book three in the Forever Fae series.  All in all, I would have to say my favorite will always be Calista.  She and Ryder will always have a special place in my heart because they were the first of my faerie family. J
Will we get to see more of Calista and Ryder in the next book? OF COURSE!!! You will definitely see both of them in Betrayals of Spring.  You might also find out some joyous news concerning them too!!! 


About L.P. Dover
I am an avid reader that loves my collection of books. Writing has always been a passion of mine and now I am glad that I get to share my passion with the world. I live in North Carolina and I absolutely love being a southern girl. I spent several years in college starting out with a major in Psychology and then switching to dental. I worked in the dental field for eight years and then decided to stay home with my two beautiful girls. I spent the beginning of my reading years reading suspense thrillers, but now I can’t get away from the paranormal/fantasy books. I knew ever since then that if I wrote anything it would be in a paranormal aspect. Now that I have started on my passion and began writing, you will not see me go anywhere without a notebook and a pen. 


  
Amazon