Google+ Followers

Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Orb of Truth by Brae Wyckoff


The
Orb of Truth

By Brae Wyckoff


Genre: Epic Fantasy




I have had the pleasure of getting to know Brea and The Orb of Truth through an Adopt an Author event. I chose Brea Wyckoff because I had not heard of him before. As a person that loves to help others, I have found a world were I am needed. Authors go through a great deal to get there books known, out there for you to read and enjoy, but it is not something they can do successfully on there own. They need help...that is what I do. So please take the time to read this post and let me know what you think of my new "son" (lol). 
The Orb of Truth dragged me right in (It even has dragons, which are my favorite!) and since I am a huge fan of Paranormal and Fantasy his book caught my eye. I have been pulled into this realm of magic and creatures where evil kings have taken over; into a world of adventure that I don't want to get out of. This story is full of adventure and danger, good vs evil and will keep you begging for more. Check out more on this book below and the Stalker Links I have posted at the bottom, along with a little incite on our author Brea. 


Synopsis:
In the hundreds of years since the Holy City disappeared, darkness has fallen over the land. Human kingdoms have seized control of the realm, scattering the other races into hiding.
Bridazak, a skilled thief, and his friends, a Dwarf and a fellow Ordakian, have dared to remain within the human communities and live relatively quiet lives, until they discover a mysterious, magical artifact. The three friends are thrust into an adventure that will challenge their faith, their purpose, and their destiny as they chase a forgotten and lost prophecy across the realm of Ruauck-El, where they hope to discover the origins of the strange item and their place in its history.
An ancient, unknown enemy threatens the completion of their journey at every turn. Bridazak is about to face the biggest adventure of his life, one that may change the known realm, and answer the questions he has carried all his life. Will they unlock the truth?

Excerpt:
Here is a scene in The Orb of Truth with the heroes trying to find out information by seeking a creature that “knows of magic beyond magic itself.”

“Who dares to enter my domain?” The deep voice bellowed.
Bridazak hesitated before speaking up, “I’m Bridazak and these are my friends. We seek an audience with The Great Oculus.”
The voice thundered once more, “Two ordakians and a dwarf, in a place they should not be. Many seek my voice, but find only fated death. What has brought you to the door of oblivion?”
“A mystery, one that came from my dream. We seek your help, oh Great One,” said the Ordakian.
“Show me what has turned from a dream into reality.”
Bridazak produced the ornate box in his small hands, and began to speak, “We don’t know what the writing—”
“Silence!” The ground shook under their feet. “I know what you seek, but you must answer my riddle. If you are correct, then I will reveal to you the meaning of this gift. If you fail, then you will be sent to the grave. There will be no rest inside the gates of the netherworld, your soul will thirst for death again for all eternity and generations forthcoming will never know you existed.”

“What about my friends?”
“You came here together as one accord and you will live or die in the same manner. Your riddle is this, little-one:
Rigid but born to perfection
I wonder who brought me my blissful conception
I am gazed upon by many lonely eyes
Standing there to be portrayed with lies
There are questions that surround me
Thinking, feeling, hearing, I can see
No movement comes from within
I am forsaken because I lack earthly skin
So true is my heart without a beat
Now I drink the rainwater, tasting bittersweet
Crafted by art in life’s forgiving hand
Brought from afar to this known fatherland
Trying to find the meaning of my existence
A voice comes here and there showing the eminence
The task performed in drought of the grandmaster
Born in stillness could have been my disaster
Braving the depth of a complex web
Weaved and woven in the delight of the ebb
Now and forever in eternal agony’s darkness
Never to move to touch, only to feel a sweet caress.
Of what do I speak?”



About Brae:

Brae Wyckoff was born and raised in San Diego, CA and is working toward a Psychology degree. He has been married to his beautiful wife, Jill, for 19 years, and they have three children; Tommy, Michelle, and Brittany. He has a beautiful grandson named Avery. Brae has been an avid gamer since 1985. His passion for mysterious realms and the supernatural inspired him to write The Orb of Truth, the first in a series of fantasy action adventures. Brae describes The Orb of Truth as a cross between the Lord of the Rings and the Wizard of OZ where you will be swept away into a magical land of Dwarves, Elves, and Halflings.



Also check out the contest I have going for an awesome Ribbon Bookmark and ORB earrings!


Stalker Links