Google+ Followers

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Malevolent Gateway by Dawn Gray

Malevolent Gateway


This is the second book in the S.P.I.R.I.T series .I was given the opportunity to read this book Malevolent Gateway, by none other Dawn Gray.
This book totally blew my mind at the beginning and didn't disappoint me in the end .It about a town In Burke Flats, located in the upper right hand corner of the state. The town has many secrets, that seem hidden below the surface .The S.P.I.R.IT team is called into investigate the strange occurrences, surrounding the deaths and disappearances of many generations. Something evil is lurking near the marsh lands. Who is willing to check it out? Is it real or is it the town’s History folklore. No job is too hard for the S.P.I.R.IT team elite. .If you are into ghost stories and legends with the side of ghost hunting will totally love this book .I gave it 5 stars because I really loved the connection between the characters. They form a bond together in your mind with the help of the S.P.I.R.I.T. Elite Team that save Burke Flats from there malicious past and the drawn connection between Anna and Will .This is a must read. I really enjoyed this book and think you all will too. Malevolent Gateway is paranormal fiction, which grabs your mind into believing it really did happen. Please consider checking it out now its available on Amazon . You won’t be disappointed. I cannot wait for her next book. 




Don’t forget to check out Dawn’s first book in the series S.P.I.R.I.T Fire Storm also available on Amazon.






Author Bio: 

Being raised in both the Northeast corner of Vermont and one of the larger cities in Massachusetts has given Dawn, a divorced mother of three, the unique ability to mix the spookiness of a small town ghost story with the fast pace action of city life.
Island Pond, Vermont was every child’s wonderland, with looming mountains and small towns nestled in the valleys, this simple lifestyle gave Ms. Gray the ability to let her imagination run wild, thus creating her unique style of writing, where the stories speak for themselves.
Big city living, in her teenage years to the present allowed her to harvest that energy and creativeness to bring to life some of the most unique characters, such as Michael Raven and Julian Deveraux.
Although Vampires are her most used basis for characters and settings, Ms. Gray’s novels also venture into those of other supernatural realms, with ghosts, witchcraft and werewolves coming into play in several of her upcoming manuscripts.
Look for future novels, the next five of the Vampire Legacy, and an upcoming film on Raven to put this determined mom into the spotlight. 




Interview with Dawn Gray


What inspired you to start writing the S.P.I.R.I.T series?
Fire Storm’s first chapter came from the last few minutes, and the only part that I could remember of a dream, the rest of the book just followed as I wrote it.  With the new twist I moved onto Malevolent Gateway.

Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?  Ideas for books come from anything, usually while I’m doing the dishes or driving, sometimes a song can spark an image and the story goes from there.

How did you come up with the characters for the elite team, Anna & Blake?
I wanted something different, and I actually started talking to an old friend of mine who I connected with several years back.  We hadn’t seen each other in years but talking about my idea for MG, he and I were able to come up with these unique characters and what they might be able to do.

What is the hardest part about writing your books?
The hardest part is hitting a blank spot between visions, and how to fill in that spot.

What do you do when you are not writing?
Researching.

Have you visited any Ghost Towns? If so, do you have a favorite?
Actually I have never really been to a ghost town, but I know we have one here in Vermont that I plan on going too.  My favorite find so far is when my boyfriend took me on a tour of the cemeteries that he used to tend too. One of them resembled Burke Hollow in MG; it was there and then disappeared.  We found a foundation for a house in the woods and the research began but this was several months after writing on MG began.
What is your favorite Urban Legend?
Bloody Mary
What scares you the most?
As far as scary stuff, that would be Bloody Mary, but anything happening to my children is a really scary thing for me.  The paranormal doesn’t frighten me.
Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
Thank you so much for all of your support.  Without you independent writers like myself would never have our words read, and to be able to share my world with you is a great honor. You help me want to become better at what I do, and I am proud to be able to communicate personally with those who have read my books.